Thursday 12 October 2017

Can fragrance in skincare make your skin sensitive? How can you tell if it does?

♥ © Copyright of My Women Stuff
Original Full Post is found here: Can fragrance in skincare make your skin sensitive? How can you tell if it does?

Time was, whenever I was faced with a product targeted at “sensitive skin”, I’d just smile politely and move on. I was convinced (not without reason) that my skin was not sensitive. And to a large extent, there was some truth in that.

Generally speaking, I do not have what is conventionally referred to as “sensitive skin”. My skin does not get irritated easily, and I do not suffer from eczema or most skin problems (for which I am very thankful!). I have older, more matured skin than most of you reading this, I warrant, and I am plagued by the problems associated with age – hyperpigmentation, loss of elasticity, dry skin – and I target those concerns in my skincare regimen.

fragrance skincare sensitive skin

While I now take the trouble to look at the ingredient list on a skincare product, I’d never quite thought about how fragrance reacts with my skin, despite reading a lot of literature telling me that it can sensitize skin or aggravate sensitive skin. I have friends who tell me they cannot use a certain product that I might enjoy, because the fragrance in the product irritates their skin. I never quite understood it. Sorry guys 😛

But recently, I had an experience that drove the point home for me. Fragrance in skincare, in copious amounts in my case, can indeed lead to skin sensitivity! Do you experience the same?

**Read lots more & Share your thoughts here**

This post Can fragrance in skincare make your skin sensitive? How can you tell if it does? was first published on My Women Stuff. If you're seeing this message on another website other than an RSS feed reader, the content is stolen & should be reported.

No comments:

Post a Comment