Tuesday 6 February 2018

I shouldn’t be embarrassed about being a beauty blogger, so why am I made to feel this way?

blogger embarrassment

♥ © Copyright of My Women Stuff
Original Full Post is found here: I shouldn’t be embarrassed about being a beauty blogger, so why am I made to feel this way?

I feel a disturbance in the Force.*

It’s a disturbance that has been bubbling under the surface for years, and is now bubbling over. It is a disenchantment with how information is getting out, and being received, and is a direct result of the rise in use of social media, in particular, Instagram.

blogger embarrassment

There is a rising disenchantment among users of Instagram who bond within the beauty community, that there is a growing lack of transparency, honesty, information and sharing. There is an element of greed, and self-entitlement among many who strive to be noticed and be rewarded by the beauty brands, and this sits ill with those who truly have an interest in the genre.

Speaking from the viewpoint of a blogger (I have too small a following on Instagram to merit any standing, but at least I know it’s not padded) I’ve seen this same thing happen in the blogging community a little while ago. The difference now, is that anyone with a blog, or who has an instagram account, suddenly gets tarred with the same brush.

All bloggers and influencers are liars and sell-outs – the rabble cries, and shake their pitchforks in the light of torches. Sigh.

**Read lots more & Share your thoughts here**

This post I shouldn’t be embarrassed about being a beauty blogger, so why am I made to feel this way? was first published on My Women Stuff. If you're seeing this message on another website other than an RSS feed reader, the content is stolen & should be reported.

No comments:

Post a Comment