Tuesday 2 May 2017

Can and should Essential Oils be used directly on the skin? I say NO

♥ © Copyright of My Women Stuff
Go here for full text and images: Can and should Essential Oils be used directly on the skin? I say NO

I don’t know about you, but I enjoy using essential oils. I know, it’s all very New Age woo-woo. I’m not really that invested in the New Age movement, but I like my essential oils. Always have for years and years. I like them primarily because they smell so good, and well, to a degree, I believe that some oils can work on my temperament better than others. Lavender for one, soothes me and helps me sleep. Peppermint rejuvenates me and makes me feel refreshed.

But I think people have been lulled into a false sense of security when it comes to the use of essential oils, because of the fact that they’ve been around a long time and they are natural. This was brought home to me when I came across a piece of news on Twitter this week.

essential oils are not a toy

No, it’s not just any piece of news on Twitter, it was reported in the Independent (UK), which I’d like to believe isn’t fake news 😛

In a nutshell, the lady in the piece of news, applied essential oils directly to her skin, before going for a hot yoga class and then using a tanning bed. She suffered second and third-degree burns on the parts where she applied the essential oils which was attributed to the exposure to UV light. As much as I sympathize with her predicament, I felt that it was also timely for us to remind ourselves, with essential oils enjoying a bit of a renaissance, that essential oils aren’t play things.

**Read lots more & Share your thoughts here**

The post Can and should Essential Oils be used directly on the skin? I say NO appeared first on My Women Stuff. If you're seeing this message on a site other than an RSS feed reader, the content is stolen.

No comments:

Post a Comment