Sunday 24 January 2016

When brushes need cleaning, do I turn to the Real Techniques Deep Cleansing Gel?

♥ © Copyright of My Women Stuff
Go here for full text and images: When brushes need cleaning, do I turn to the Real Techniques Deep Cleansing Gel?

Brush cleaning has to be up there among most makeup users/enthusiasts most loathed tasks. So often, I come across people moaning or complaing about having to wash their makeup brushes, even though we all know we have to do it, as it will get grimy with use, and that’s really crappy for our skin (breakout city!)

Personally, I don’t mind washing my brushes. I use them, I wash them. It’s like taking a shower, or doing my laundry. Sure, I hate ironing, but I do my laundry without moaning because I need clean clothes. So, I don’t quite get the loathing for brush-washing. Don’t like to wash your brushes? Don’t use them. Hands work just fine. Want to use brushes, then don’t moan about washing them.

real techniques deep cleansing gel

But there are things that help us get the job done more quickly and efficiently. Stuff you can find at Daiso work just as well as mitts or palettes said to help you wash your brushes better. Ditto brush cleansers. You can get the stuff that squirts alcohol on your brushes so you don’t actually have to take your brushes to the sink, or you can clean them properly with a proper cleanser.

On one of my iHerb sojourns, I picked up a bottle of the new Real Techniques Deep Cleansing Gel. For some reason, it intrigued me. I figured this. If Real Techniques makes those affordable and pretty decent makeup brushes, they should know their way around brush cleansers, right? After all, Samantha Chapman is a makeup artist and she has to wash her brushes, I’m sure.

Well, let’s just say that although this is just US$9 (RM40), you’re better off saving that money, or putting it towards a breakfast and coffee at a hipster joint, or something just as frivolous, because I think this is meh; and I can tell you 4 alternatives that do the job better, and cost less.

**Read lots more & Share your thoughts here**

The post When brushes need cleaning, do I turn to the Real Techniques Deep Cleansing Gel? appeared first on My Women Stuff. If you're seeing this message on a site other than an RSS feed reader, the content is stolen.

No comments:

Post a Comment