Sunday 3 July 2016

Paris is always a good idea … 21 years later

♥ © Copyright of My Women Stuff
Go here for full text and images: Paris is always a good idea … 21 years later

paris clarins

Bonjour!

You know, I took that picture back in Spring 1995 when I first visited Paris as a poor student battling high exchange rates. They used the Franc then, not the Euro. I actually love all the local currencies and was rather disappointed by the introduction of the homogenous Euro, but let’s not get political 😛" class="wp-smiley" style="height: 1em; max-height: 1em;" /> My friend and I stayed in a rather run down, cold apartment near Montmartre, which we later found out wasn’t quite the best place to be staying in Paris. What can I say? There was no internet and no Tripadvisor to warn us of pitfalls! 😛" class="wp-smiley" style="height: 1em; max-height: 1em;" />

We ate cheap cold ham baguette sandwiches, while sitting on one of the benches on the sidewalks of Champs Elysee, never once thinking of stepping into any of the famous luxury houses that are in the area. I did not once step into a French pharmacy! What on earth did I miss?! But those were such GOOD TIMES! 😀

My little trip down memory lane is just to let you know that there’ll be no posts on MWS this week, partly due to the festive break here in Malaysia and partly because I’ll be retracing my steps in Paris some 21 years later. Man, I feel old 😛 I’ve already mentioned this break on my social media channels but then I realised that not everyone is active on social media and you guys still come to the blog (THANK YOU!), so it was better that I let you know here too.

**Read lots more & Share your thoughts here**

The post Paris is always a good idea … 21 years later appeared first on My Women Stuff. If you're seeing this message on a site other than an RSS feed reader, the content is stolen.

No comments:

Post a Comment