Sunday 24 July 2016

When the Wanderlust hits here are 4 Ways to Stay Connected Online When You Travel

♥ © Copyright of My Women Stuff
Go here for full text and images: When the Wanderlust hits here are 4 Ways to Stay Connected Online When You Travel

I’d never been that person who has to perpetually be connected to the internet at all costs. When I go on holiday, I want to switch off and be disconnected from the world for a while. There’s so much crap going on out there, that I don’t want to think about it for a few days and just enjoy myself living in the moment. Not one to keep posting on my social media either about my being on holiday, if you’ve known me long enough – I want to enjoy my holiday, not SHOW people I’m enjoying my holiday LOL!

travel recommends overseas wifi router rental

On my most recent trip however, I broke with tradition. For this trip, because I was travelling alone for an extended period (I’m a bit kiasi), and for work, I wanted to stay connected online for a few reasons:-

  • Safety – I was on my own, and I wanted to be sure my family could contact me, or I them
  • Communication – I was going shopping, and it was useful to contact friends and family to ask if they wanted an item I thought they might like. Also, I had to communicate and contact my Airbnb host so I wanted to be sure I was able to, or be sleeping on the streets.
  • Getting around – I used Google Maps a lot to get around, and it was so helpful! I could figure out the best way to walk to where I wanted to go, to find a specific store or street, and to negotiate public transportation. Also, it allowed me to hail Uber for the first time!

Before I left, I did some research on the best ways to stay connected when you travel abroad on holiday, and I eventually settled on a travel wifi router. I reached out to the lovely people at Travel Recommends, who kindly sponsored my use of their portable pocket wifi router for my week away in Paris recently, and you know what? I’m SOLD on the idea! I know many of you love travelling as much as I do, so let me share with you my experience, and offer some other alternatives for staying connected while out of the country 🙂

**Read lots more & Share your thoughts here**

The post When the Wanderlust hits here are 4 Ways to Stay Connected Online When You Travel appeared first on My Women Stuff. If you're seeing this message on a site other than an RSS feed reader, the content is stolen.

No comments:

Post a Comment