Thursday 8 December 2016

Your Say: Do you check clothes wash care labels? Plus a tip for stretching out a dress that shrank in the wash

♥ © Copyright of My Women Stuff
Go here for full text and images: Your Say: Do you check clothes wash care labels? Plus a tip for stretching out a dress that shrank in the wash

I recently bought myself, as a treat, a beautiful fuchsia lace dress. It was on sale and a friend had something similar, so I was assured that the quality was top notch. When it arrived, I donned it and was thrilled that it was just the right size (online shopping can be such a gamble). It fit everywhere it was supposed to fit, the dress fell beautifully, clinging to the right places and forgiving the wrong ones. It was a perfect formal dress I could grow old(er) in.

And then disaster struck.

check wash care label

Apparently the label means Dry Clean only with special treatment with any solvent except Trichloroethylene – damn!

I got careless when the time came to clean it. For some reason, I wasn’t thinking when I gathered up my clothing to be washed. I did put the dress into a net laundry bag, but I failed to appreciate that a dress this delicate, and of this material might not be suitable to be put into the washing machine.

By the time I did realise it, the wash was over. With great trepidation, I removed the dress from the machine, gratified to see it wasn’t shredded to bits, but quite upset when I also realised that it had shrunk 🙁 What could I do?

**Read lots more & Share your thoughts here**

The post Your Say: Do you check clothes wash care labels? Plus a tip for stretching out a dress that shrank in the wash appeared first on My Women Stuff. If you're seeing this message on a site other than an RSS feed reader, the content is stolen.

No comments:

Post a Comment