Thursday 1 December 2016

Your Say: Anti-haul videos and makeup fatigue – Does new makeup still excite you?

♥ © Copyright of My Women Stuff
Go here for full text and images: Your Say: Anti-haul videos and makeup fatigue – Does new makeup still excite you?

I very recently came across something new to me, in the beauty vlogging world – Anti-haul videos. I haven’t really seen it on blogs, but it’s not to say that it isn’t out there. It probably is. What an “anti-haul” video or blog is, is pretty much the antithesis of a haul video or blog. Instead of sharing what the blogger or vlogger bought (or got gifted), they share what they will NOT buy.

I thought it to be an interesting concept, but I noticed a trend running through these type of videos or posts.

is new makeup still exciting

These sort of videos or posts are pretty much made for readers or followers who already own a boatload of makeup and beauty products. It acts like a brake, to make obsessives stop and think, but it is also rather selfish, I feel, for it isn’t terribly helpful to someone who doesn’t own an Ikea Alex drawer full of makeup.

It made me wonder if the beauty blogging/vlogging world isn’t experiencing some sort of makeup fatigue. I sometimes feel it, don’t you?

**Read lots more & Share your thoughts here**

The post Your Say: Anti-haul videos and makeup fatigue – Does new makeup still excite you? appeared first on My Women Stuff. If you're seeing this message on a site other than an RSS feed reader, the content is stolen.

No comments:

Post a Comment