Tuesday 17 January 2017

Confession time: The Konmari Method of tidying wasn’t life-changing nor magical for me

♥ © Copyright of My Women Stuff
Go here for full text and images: Confession time: The Konmari Method of tidying wasn’t life-changing nor magical for me

In 2015/2016 I came across a book that was a bestseller – The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying by Japanese writer Marie Kondo. In it, she explained the various methods in which to help you declutter and organize your living space, and by extension, your life.

It’s also known as the “Konmari method” of tidying/decluttering/organizing, and it took the world by storm.

I had to see what the fuss was about, so I bought the book and read it cover to cover. I had also just moved house then, so it was quite timely. While I’d thrown out a lot of stuff during my move, I still had a lot to go through. I decided to see if the Konmari method would help me.

konmari method did not work

Interestingly, after trying it out for quite a while, I can safely say that I’m resigned to being a packrat 😛 Yes, I’m one of the Konmari method school dropouts – one of the few who started out with good intentions, put some into practice, but who decided that the Konmari method wasn’t for me. I do realise I’m the exception to the rule, so I’d love to know if the Konmari method works for you!

**Read lots more & Share your thoughts here**

The post Confession time: The Konmari Method of tidying wasn’t life-changing nor magical for me appeared first on My Women Stuff. If you're seeing this message on a site other than an RSS feed reader, the content is stolen.

No comments:

Post a Comment