Thursday 8 March 2018

11 years : I’m a Beauty Blogger and I’m imperfect

11 years mws

♥ © Copyright of My Women Stuff Original Full Post is found here: 11 years : I’m a Beauty Blogger and I’m imperfect

I occasionally go ‘live’ on Instagram, where I take the opportunity to physically talk to those of you who check in, and I always have a good time! During one such recent session, I remember someone asking me if I’d consider using clinical strength skincare treatment products from a dermatologist or doctor. My answer was that I would not.

I have nothing against seeing dermatologists or skin doctors. If I had a problem, I would see them. I had contact dermatitis on my hands once, and I saw a doctor for that. But if it was just purely for aesthetics, i.e. how I look, and not a medical condition that needs treating, I am less inclined to. The reason you see, is because I know I’m imperfect, and I don’t actively seek perfection.

11 years mws

I realize it’s a a strange thing to say, because we are told that we should strive for perfection in various aspects of our lives. But what if I just want to be better than average, but not necessarily perfect?

What if I acknowledge that I have imperfect skin – large pores, hyperpigmentation, uneven skin tone just to name a few that most of us also suffer from – but accept that it otherwise, is still better than average, and that it’s fine for my age?

It seems that as a beauty blogger, I am less allowed to be imperfect, as compared to the next woman. Today marks 11 years I’ve been blogging about beauty, and the pressure to be perfect is even stronger now than it ever was before. But why does it have to be so?

**Read lots more & Share your thoughts here**

This post 11 years : I’m a Beauty Blogger and I’m imperfect was first published on My Women Stuff. If you're seeing this message on another website other than an RSS feed reader, the content is stolen & should be reported.

No comments:

Post a Comment