Tuesday 28 August 2018

Might this skincare tip be the best technique for applying skincare to your skin?

best technique to apply skincare

♥ © Copyright of My Women Stuff Original Full Post is found here: Might this skincare tip be the best technique for applying skincare to your skin?

Skincare is the new buzzword these days in the beauty world, and skincare gurus have mushroomed. Sometimes though, I wonder if it’s a good thing as disinformation is as prevalent as information, if not more so! Perhaps I’m even guilty myself, even though I’m no guru.

But that aside, I often see people applying their skincare, creams in particular, by dotting it on their faces before rubbing in, and I wanted to share this tip, and tell you why it’s better than the dotting method.

best technique to apply skincare

Like most people, when I first started using moisturisers, I’d do the 5 dot method – one each on each cheek, and one on the forehead, nose and chin, then rub it in. I know many people still do it because it often see it in videos.

But later, when I first started using La Mer back in the day, they taught me that I had to first, warm up the cream in my hands before applying to skin in a pat-press motion. To this day, that’s over 10 years later, I still use the same technique with every product!

I was watching Jamie Yoon, Global Makeup Artist for Sulwhasoo at an event last week, and he, like most makeup artists who work with skincare, used the same method for applying skincare. I also came across some articles expounding on how Japanese women pat skincare into your skin instead of rubbing. So, what better time to reinforce this technique and skincare tip! 😀

**Read lots more & Share your thoughts here**

This post Might this skincare tip be the best technique for applying skincare to your skin? was first published on My Women Stuff. If you're seeing this message on another website other than an RSS feed reader, the content is stolen & should be reported. For weekly updates sign up here

No comments:

Post a Comment