Tuesday 30 August 2016

The sparkling lightness of being that is the Dior J’adore Eau Lumiere perfume

♥ © Copyright of My Women Stuff
Go here for full text and images: The sparkling lightness of being that is the Dior J’adore Eau Lumiere perfume

I’m a contradiction in terms. I don’t mind saying so, because it’s true.

For the most part, when it comes to perfumes, my tastes gravitate towards the clear and clean and spice. But if there’s one perfume I’d pick out of my perfume line up, without hesitating and without even thinking, it would be this floral, feminine scent of Dior J’adore.

It confuses me, because J’adore is everything I DO NOT look for in a perfume. It is floral (indisputably so!), it contains jasmine notes (I detest jasmine) and it comes from a mainstream beauty brand (while I try to go niche). Everything runs contrary to what my head tells me I like, but you know, the heart (and nose) doesn’t lie.

dior j'adore eau lumiere edt

But my love for J’adore isn’t a recent thing. It began in 2011, with the introduction of the J’adore Eau de Toilette. I was much younger, life was more carefree, and it came at a time when I felt ready to take on the challenges ahead, without sacrificing my feminity. I work in a male-dominated environment, and while I know I’m as good as the next man, I had one thing better – I had a nicer perfume (and a prettier bag on my arm)! So there! LOL! 😀

Prior to that, J’adore was primarily sold as an EdP, which had a much stronger, more floral note, and smelled more mature to me. It is a Dior parfum classic, and I’d grown up with images of Charlize Theron in her golden dress, reflecting that iconic golden, long-necked bottle of J’adore filled with the golden liquid perfume within. J’adore was a scent I thought older women would wear.

I was kind of right, because I eventually grew up, and slid comfortably into the target demographic. I’m happy now to wear the J’adore EdP which I carry around in my purse spray, and in the EdT. And then, they just had to go and remake this iconic scent! Cue gasps of horror and pulling of hair 😛

**Read lots more & Share your thoughts here**

The post The sparkling lightness of being that is the Dior J’adore Eau Lumiere perfume appeared first on My Women Stuff. If you're seeing this message on a site other than an RSS feed reader, the content is stolen.

No comments:

Post a Comment