Tuesday 14 February 2017

Using a mud mask on dry skin or is that mud mask too drying for you? Try this helpful skincare tip!

♥ © Copyright of My Women Stuff
Go here for full text and images: Using a mud mask on dry skin or is that mud mask too drying for you? Try this helpful skincare tip!

I’ve been sharing pictures of some of my more recent skincare routines on Instagram (join me there if you haven’t @parisbmws), when I was asked an interesting question recently.

I had mentioned in one of my pictures, that I put a thin layer of facial oil on my skin before applying a mud mask. That little tip seemed to intrigue many of you!

mud mask tip for dry skin

I have skin that tends to the drier side of the spectrum (comes with age, I tell you – it’s all downhill from here! 😛 ) so mud masks aren’t the best products for me. Mud masks, or sometimes known as “detox masks” tend to dry out your skin as it sucks all the oil out of your pores. It gives your skin that nice clean feeling, I have no doubt, but if you aren’t careful, they can also make your skin feel tight and uncomfortable after that and even cause flakiness.

Less noticeable when you have oily or combination skin. More noticeable when your skin is dry or dehydrated. Yet, there is a certain joy in doing a mud mask isn’t there? I find it terribly satisfying to let the mask dry and then wash it off thereafter, and it’s especially good for dealing with the occasional pesky spots.

So, here’s my tip for those of you who have dry or dehydrated skin and yet want to use a mud mask or detox mask comfortably. It will also help if you have a mud mask you find too drying.

**Read lots more & Share your thoughts here**

The post Using a mud mask on dry skin or is that mud mask too drying for you? Try this helpful skincare tip! appeared first on My Women Stuff. If you're seeing this message on a site other than an RSS feed reader, the content is stolen.

No comments:

Post a Comment