Monday 6 March 2017

Going on a shopping diet : Here’s 5 ways you can save even as you occasionally splurge

♥ © Copyright of My Women Stuff
Go here for full text and images: Going on a shopping diet : Here’s 5 ways you can save even as you occasionally splurge

In my most recent MWS Companion newsletter (find out more about that here) I shared something that I’d been putting into practice for a few months, but didn’t want to talk too much about publicly. In essence, I shared with newsletter readers on the list, that I was cutting back on my spending.

What is gratifying is that quite a few of you wrote back to me to share that you too are doing the same, for various reasons of your own (and we also shared some good ol’ ranting about the current state of affairs globally haha!). Also, I’d noticed this trend amongst some other readers on the blog and on other platforms whenever the subject arises.

charlotte tilbury lipstick

For me, I was and always have been quite careful with my spending. I’m actually quite paranoid about saving. When my savings dip below a certain level, I panic LOL! 😀 But those who know me, and who have been with me a while know that I enjoy my luxuries. It all comes with savings, hard work and making allowances (and sacrifices) for things you want.

But in the past few months, I’d actually consciously cut back my spending even further. A large part of it had to do with the fact that I’d been spending quite liberally for the few years prior and when I tracked my spending, I was a little taken aback that I’d spent so much, especially online. I’d also built up a huge arsenal of beauty products (let’s just talk about beauty here eh? 😉 ) Realistically, I wanted to use them and get through them. So, I’ve been curbing the urge to buy new things and shopping in my rather extensive (and expensive!) stash. But do I deprive myself of the odd shopping or spending spree? Ah, that’s what we’re going to talk about here.

You do realise that you can actually still do some decent shopping, without spending as much money as you think you would? It all comes down to spending carefully, wisely and shopping smart. Here are some tips I have for those who want to save, even as the urge to splurge hits and it’s what I put into practice 🙂

**Read lots more & Share your thoughts here**

The post Going on a shopping diet : Here’s 5 ways you can save even as you occasionally splurge appeared first on My Women Stuff. If you're seeing this message on a site other than an RSS feed reader, the content is stolen.

No comments:

Post a Comment