Sunday 19 March 2017

When you achieve that highlight “on fleek” on a budget : 3 Wallet-friendly Highlighters

♥ © Copyright of My Women Stuff
Go here for full text and images: When you achieve that highlight “on fleek” on a budget : 3 Wallet-friendly Highlighters

I showed you a very pretty but also pretty pricey highlighter last week that had everyone sighing wistfully. I’ve realised that many higher end brands like to produce limited edition highlighter powders that are beautifully designed and embossed. It must be the metallic shine that lends to an intricate design, and it is also more attention grabbing.

Yet, like many of you reading my blog I’m not terribly skilled at wearing highlighter (if you are, this is no insult, I promise!). The learning curve is less steep than learning to wear bronzer (you only risk looking like a metallic robot vs falling face first in cocoa powder) but there is a learning curve.

If you don’t quite feel up to dropping RM200 or more on a product you aren’t sure about, I have a few budget-friendly alternatives for you!

thebalm mary-lou manizer, catrice glow highlighter, catrice strobing duo highlighter

Highlighters perform the opposite function of bronzer or contouring products. You use a highlighter product on the high points of your face, where the light would hit to give the impression of light. Done in a subtle manner, you can create an illusion of higher cheekbones or a sharper nose, or just to give skin a subtle lit-from-within look. Overdo it, and hello, shiny robot 😛

I’m not personally crazy about using highlighter powders. I do tend to use blush that have a touch of shimmer or shine to them, so adding on more shine can be counter-productive. Also, I don’t necessarily work in an environment that will encourage you shining like a beacon LOL! 😀 But I keep the odd highlight powder on hand, because it’s useful, and hell, they’re pretty 😛

That said, I found a couple in my stash that I’d peg as being budget-friendly options that do a very good job. So, I wanted to share, especially if you’re interested to try a highlighter powder, without dropping the big bucks! 🙂

**Read lots more & Share your thoughts here**

The post When you achieve that highlight “on fleek” on a budget : 3 Wallet-friendly Highlighters appeared first on My Women Stuff. If you're seeing this message on a site other than an RSS feed reader, the content is stolen.

No comments:

Post a Comment