Thursday 20 April 2017

You are your best benchmark – Love the skin you’re in, not covet someone else’s skin

♥ © Copyright of My Women Stuff
Go here for full text and images: You are your best benchmark – Love the skin you’re in, not covet someone else’s skin

I often come across tips or clickbait style titles in magazines that profess to tell you “How to get {insert celebrity du jour}’s skin!” with a list of products that said celebrity says she uses. I also sometimes have people ask me how to get skin like mine, which isn’t even great skin to start with. You don’t really want my skin, trust me LOL!

And I’m going to tell you this. It bugs me. It bugs me a whole lot.

love the skin you're in

 

My beef with this way of thinking, is this. There is no way that you can get another person’s skin. Not unless you scalp them, in which case the skin is pretty much useless to you anyway (gory yes? 😛 ) I know that’s looking at it literally, but even if you think about it from an abstract point of view, you can’t get your skin to look like anyone else’s skin. If you’re looking for skincare tips, you really shouldn’t be looking to get someone else’s skin, but instead, to use those tips to get a better version of YOUR OWN skin.

**Read lots more & Share your thoughts here**

The post You are your best benchmark – Love the skin you’re in, not covet someone else’s skin appeared first on My Women Stuff. If you're seeing this message on a site other than an RSS feed reader, the content is stolen.

No comments:

Post a Comment