Thursday 14 April 2016

Sticker Shock: Rising prices of makeup and the disproportionate prices in local stores

♥ © Copyright of My Women Stuff
Go here for full text and images: Sticker Shock: Rising prices of makeup and the disproportionate prices in local stores

Hello peeps! Had an enforced break the past couple of days, but I was made to do a bit of thinking. The first thing was that I found out that Hourglass Cosmetics is now available at our local Sephora. What do I like from there? Well just the Ambient Lighting Powder (provided you find the right colour match – you only ever need one powder, don’t listen to the pundits) and the Arch Brow Pencil, both of which I feel are noteworthy. No comment on anything else.

But what I really wanted to discuss today, isn’t Hourglass and its availability. It is about pricing of makeup, options and comparative pricing.

hourglass malaysia price

What made me think about this was when I found out that the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder Palette (the one with 3 shades in it, where each powder is a smaller size than the original single pans) is retailing locally at RM420. What this translates to at today’s exchange rate is US$107.80, £76.10, and AU$140.88.

By contrast, what this same item retails at in the respective countries are: USA: US$62 (RM241.70), UK: £59 (RM325.60), Australia: AU$92 (RM274.33). First off, I had sticker shock. Secondly, I started thinking – why are we paying so much more when we earn so much less, and is all this perceived luxury makeup necessary?

**Read lots more & Share your thoughts here**

The post Sticker Shock: Rising prices of makeup and the disproportionate prices in local stores appeared first on My Women Stuff. If you're seeing this message on a site other than an RSS feed reader, the content is stolen.

No comments:

Post a Comment