Tuesday 8 March 2016

9 years : The year of rebirth

♥ © Copyright of My Women Stuff
Go here for full text and images: 9 years : The year of rebirth

Celebrating 9 years of blogging here at MWS is a bit of a bittersweet moment for me.

9 years of mywomenstuff

9 years ago today, I migrated to my own space on the internet, hammering in foundations and building a slightly rickety structure with a leaky roof, hanging out the My Women Stuff sign over the doorway, and sitting on the porch, wondering if anyone would stop by for a chat. Over the years, as I went along, I eventually strengthened those foundations, built sturdier walls, and extensions, while making MWS a comfy home for myself, and hopefully for those who did eventually stop by and still stop by to chat.

At about the same time, I too started something else from nothing, which I also grew quite comfortably alongside MWS. However, it appeared the foundations were never quite as strong as that I put in for MWS, for while I find myself toasting the celebration of 9 years in my virtual home, the other venture folded last year, and is now a derelict, empty house, with its lights permanently switched off, leaving me feeling a little cold.

Bittersweet.

But I’m not going to dwell too much on the unsavoury past, for as I do at this time of year, I get a little pensive about my blogging journey :)

**Read lots more & Share your thoughts here**

The post 9 years : The year of rebirth appeared first on My Women Stuff. If you're seeing this message on a site other than an RSS feed reader, the content is stolen.

No comments:

Post a Comment