Monday 21 March 2016

Your Say: Do you expect beauty bloggers to be experts at makeup application?

♥ © Copyright of My Women Stuff
Go here for full text and images: Your Say: Do you expect beauty bloggers to be experts at makeup application?

paris b : are beauty bloggers makeup experts?

I received an interesting comment recently, that had me first roll my eyes and then, start to think about perceptions. Without quoting the comment verbatim, what was essentially said to me in the comment section was that I “obviously” did not know how to use makeup, since the product I featured did not look like I’d taken a spade to it, and I suppose it was also because in my photo of how it looked when I wore it, it did not look like I had trowelled it on. At least that’s what I think was the intention. The words used weren’t as complimentary. LOL! 😀

But after I got over the initial irritation, I started wondering if that’s what readers perceive of bloggers. Is it the general perception that bloggers all know how to do immaculate magazine-cover makeup? Or that if a blogger is talking about a makeup product, they must therefore be able to trowel it on, and look perfect at every angle, contoured and highlighted to within an inch of their life. Is that what you think?

**Read lots more & Share your thoughts here**

The post Your Say: Do you expect beauty bloggers to be experts at makeup application? appeared first on My Women Stuff. If you're seeing this message on a site other than an RSS feed reader, the content is stolen.

No comments:

Post a Comment