Thursday 10 March 2016

If we make the beauty gurus, should we begrudge them their commercial success?

♥ © Copyright of My Women Stuff
Go here for full text and images: If we make the beauty gurus, should we begrudge them their commercial success?

It’s been an interesting week for me, blogging wise. First, I toasted myself for surviving 9 years on the interweb in one of the most challenging blogging niches I know of, and then I had an eye-opening few hours catching up on some online blogging goss. I came across across quite a few blog posts, forums and boards where people voiced their dissatisfaction and generally disparaged a few big-name beauty bloggers for selling out to advertisers. Then, I read the rebuttals by the affected bloggers I follow.

beauty guru, sponsorships, advertising and ethics

While people can be very nasty, I have to say that in a large part, I tend to agree with the general thinking that it’s very hard to actually trust anything said in blogs these days as so much of it is carefully curated and thinly veiled advertising. Yes, I’m a blogger and I say so. I see the dishonesty and lack of integrity and as a blogger, it disappoints me as much as it does you. Even more, perhaps, as that means I’m tarred with the same brush.

Yet, in some ways, I feel that as readers, we made these bloggers who they are. We MADE the “gurus”, and if they’re now enjoying commercial success of that, we shouldn’t begrudge them that success, right?

**Read lots more & Share your thoughts here**

The post If we make the beauty gurus, should we begrudge them their commercial success? appeared first on My Women Stuff. If you're seeing this message on a site other than an RSS feed reader, the content is stolen.

No comments:

Post a Comment